Monday, December 1, 2008

Almost Boyfriend Christmas Gift Guide Quiz


Ok ladies, it’s that time of year to decide what type of Christmas gift to get (or not get) your friend/boo/homeboi who you’ve been talking to/dating/sleeping with. But what is the appropriate gift for someone who is not quite your boyfriend but much more than a friend?

Take my quiz and find out if that sweater/iPhone/pat on the head is too much to spend ;-)

1. How long have you been dating?

Please Note: If you are not “dating” you should not take this quiz. Come on Ladies, we have to be realistic about our situations.

a. 1 week (0 points)
b. 1 month (1 point)
c. 2 months (2 points)
d. 3 months (3 points)

Please Note: If you have been dating longer than three months, than he’s PROBABLY never going to be your boyfriend. ...And don’t turn your face up like that, I’m speaking from experience.

2. How often do you date?

a. 2-3 times a week (3 points)
b. Once a week (2 points)
c. Once every 2-3 weeks (1 point)
d. You can't remember the last time you saw him. (0 points)

Please Note: If you can’t remember the last time you saw him, then you are not dating.

3. How often do you speak to him?

a. Everyday (3 points)
b. A few times a week. (2 points)
c. At least once a week. (1 point)
d. Whenever I call him. (0 points)

Please Note: If you only make calls and never receive them then you are not dating you are stalking…

4. Are you having sex with him?

a. No. (2 points)
b. Yes, but only once. (2 points)
c. Yes. (2 points)
d. Yes, whenever he wants. (0 points)

Please Note. Just because you are sleeping with someone does not mean you’re dating. Don’t be a jumpoff!!! And “whenever he wants”….uh NO, you have needs too!!!

5. How much does he spend (on average) on dates?

a. Half, we go dutch. (2 points)
b. $20 - $44 (2 points)
c. $50 - $75 (3 points)
d. Nothing, I pay. (0 points)

If you selected “nothing, I pay”, STOP - RED FLAG – TURN AROUND, AND START AGAIN!!! I am very much a modern woman HOWEVER I think it is very important for a man to pay in the beginning stages of dating.

Please Note: I am not promoting gold diggerism but if your friend/boo/homeboi is always paying for your outings, a small token of your appreciation is always a nice touch to an impending relationship.

The Score Card

Score: 11 – 14
Gift Price Range: $75 - $100
Gift Example: Sporting Event Tickets (not courtside) or Electronic Accessories (not an iPod but maybe an iPod docking station)

Score: 7 – 10
Gift Price Range: $50 - $74
Prefect Gift: Cologne or Article of Clothing

Score: 4 - 6
Gift Price Range: $30 - $49
Prefect Gift: Dinner (yes, you pay)

Score: 0 - 3
Perfect Gift: A Door (to walk out of)
Are you serious? Do you really think this guys is worthy of a Christmas present? On second thought, maybe he is…having game like that must be worth something.


I know you missed me but I'm back- Apples

1 comment:

Peaches and Applelonia said...

LOL, this is a good one G. Too bad I'm past all these stages. I have to go a little further for Jonathan's Christmas gift:-) But remember what I told you and I guess this is for everyone else out there too, Do not expect too much in return. A gift should truely be something from the heart and not just a material thing that seems appropriate because its Christmas. Trust me I've been there too many times when I went out of my way to get a gift for a "boo" because I thought I was supposed to and sometimes I did not recieve anything in return. As long as you have no expectations you can you can save yourself from being hurt! Happy shopping ladies!
~Peaches