Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Jim Martin Defeated, But Yes, We Still Can!!!!


Ok so I was very disappointed to see Jim Martin loose in the runoff election race for Georgia Senate last night. I hate to know that Georgia is such a republican state, I mean even in the Presidential race McCain won Georgia. It just seems impossible to me in this day and age that republicans still run this state. But I can only speak from my background and the neighborhood I grew up in and vote, where I know democrats (white and black) exists in record numbers. But in areas outside of Decatur, Lithonia, College Park, and South Fulton I guess republicans are alive and extremely active.

This angers me, but more importantly pushes me to become more active in the Democratic Party. Saxby Chambliss has already said he opposes President Elect Barack Obama's plans and will work hard to push his good ol' boy republican views. As democrats we need to continue to take a stand in Georgia even though we have been defeated! I hope that the majority of our party does not feel like their vote does not count! Please continue to live by our new creed, "Yes We Can", trust me we can still turn this state around!


Enjoy, Share, and Stay Tuned~ Peaches

No comments: